Latest Posts

Halal food in Taipei (1)

By 3:47 PM , , , ,


Another Halal restaurant I just visited in Taiwan, located in Taipei. Direction: From Taipei Main Station take MRT to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall station (blue line), off to Exit 1, turn left n just go straight, u will find this restaurant at the right side of the street. Looks like a very old place, but the room inside is comfy and they have various menu with affordable price. See my other reviews on Halal food in Taiwan.

QINGZHEN ZHONGGUO NIUROU GUAN 清真中國牛肉館
Halal China Beef Restaurant
No. 1, Alley 7, Lane 137, Yanji St., Taipei City
台北市延吉街137巷7弄1號

MRT: Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall

Review updated: 02/2014


The first time I visit here, I ordered the house specialty - niurou mian (NT$140) and dumpling (NT$140/portion of 8 pieces). Niurou means beef and mian means noodles in Chinese. There are spicy and savory flavor for beef noodles. I enjoyed the spicy one. I could taste the sensation of spicy beef noodles when I had my first sip. That is, come from the oil and pepper boiled in the soup. 

Spicy niurow mian (beef noodles)
Steemed beef dumpling



At the other days I visit this restaurant, I ordered the same things again and again: beef noodles and dumpling. Until one day I look around at the stranger's table next to us. And that's how I found Chinese pancakes and beef shredded on the menu. The Chinese normally paired Chinese pancakes with beef shredded and wrap them together. And yes, it's goood when you eat it that way. 

Chinese pancakes and beef shredded

Dough making open kitchen

small plates of cold dishes


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi, I used to visit this restaurant but from someone who works in taipei mosque said this restaurant is not getting halal meat from them. Also, from another halal restaurant whose friend worked for this restaurant said they used "water-drained beef" and mix half halal beef with half non-halal beef. The 1st owner is a muslim but he sold the restaurant to a non-muslim and the workers are all non-muslims. I stopped eating there as this restaurant is not listed in taipei mosque website. So please do not visit if you are looking for true halal food

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's strange bcos they greet us with salam..but i guess i shud find out the truth now. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about the truth?
    this restorant still Halal or not?
    thnak you for the sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI. It's still on the list http://www.taipeimosque.org.tw/index_files/halalrestauranttaipei.htm

    ReplyDelete