Latest Posts

IKKI Japanese Restaurant in Taoyuan

By 12:44 AM , , ,

IKKI is a Japanese restaurant belonging to the WowPrime Group in Taiwan. There are about a dozen of IKKI restaurants spread throughout Taiwan counties. This review is a visit to the one near Zhongli station in Taoyuan County. It was a farewell party with some librarian colleagues. The best thing about eating with a large group is that you can share to sample different menu. IKKI offers you a full course meal starting from appetizer to side dishes to rice to main courses to dessert and beverage. And it's only at NT$698 or about IDR 210.000 per person. That’s actually an acceptable price considering the number of courses and service you get. For each course you'll get to chose one out of three or more items.

IKKI JAPANESE RESTAURANT
2F., No.118, Zhongshan Rd., 
Zhongli City, Taoyuan County

Website: www.ikki.com.tw
Payment: 10% service charge

Visit reviewed: 01/2014

Miso Soup

The first course is appetizer. We managed to order different menu out of three options. I went with fresh seasonal salad, while other friend chose fresh mushroom salad. Both taste really good. Fresh seasonal salad is tomato stuffed with potato and topped with thin slices of smoked salmon. It is served in a beautiful glass dish filled with garlic mud sauce. It’s a perfect way to whet the appetite.

Fresh Seasonal Salad

Fresh Mushroom Salad

The second course is side dishes. It's a deep-fried fish fillet with tartar sauce (a mayonnaise-based sauce) on top of grapefruit. It was excellent combination. It's my favorite dish at IKKI. 

Deep-Fried Fish Fillet with Grapefruit

There's still a couple of courses before the main. A bowl of rice with crumbed salmon & salmon roe and a glass of lemon sorbet. Next up, steamed-prawn with garlic sauce as seasonal boiled dish.

Salmon & Salmon Roe Over Rice & Lemon Sorbet

Steamed-Prawn with Garlic sauce

At long last, we finally reached the main course. There are 10 options. I went with salt-grilled seasonal fish. I was too full by then, so I asked the waiters to wrap it up and I took it home. When I got home at night, I could only think to eat my wrapped-grilled-fish from IKKI. I was surprised, they even manage to give me additional salmon rice without extra charge. I literally had my lunch and dinner by IKKI.

Salt-Grilled Seasonal Fish

Lastly, desserts and beverage. We got a caramel mousse cake and a pineapple panna cotta. Both were good. But I would suggest to go with pineapple panna cotta, since you've ate pretty much a series of courses. 

Fleur de sel Caramel Mousse

Pineapple Panna Cotta

Osmanthus Green Tea with Cream


In my opinion, the flavors of IKKI food are generally tasty. The service and quality are both excellent. You are not going to regret to pay for the price.

You Might Also Like

0 comments